Smoked Salmon Mousse Canapés Recipe
Posted on 12 January 2016
I love smoked fish of any kind, and I love to use it in the kitchen. Very suitable for appetizer, it is also extremely versatile and can be prepared in lots of ways and combinations.
Smoked salmon mousse is a classy and tasty appetizer which works very well for any occasion, especially when it comes to a festive dinner or a party. It’s quick and easy to make, using just a few ingredients and it is so delightful that any guest would love.
Ingredients Smoked Salmon Mousse Canapés
- 140 g smoked salmon fillet
- 200 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- few sprigs of fresh dill for decoration
- slices of dark rye crisp bread
Directions Smoked Salmon Mousse Canapés
Chop the salmon fillet and put it into a food processor and blend for a minute. Then add cream cheese, dill, pepper, lemon juice and blend until smooth and creamy. Put the mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag with a star tip attached and pipe rosettes onto the crisp bread slices. Decorate with fresh dill sprigs. Keep into the refrigerator until serve (but you should serve it the day you prepare it because the salmon starts to oxidate after several hours).
- I used Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any other creamy cheese as well (ricotta, mascarpone or cottage cheese or a combination of them)
- Salmon tartines can be decorated as well with caviar or tobiko
- You can add a few fine chopped chives into the salmon mousse (on your taste)
- The crisp bread can be replaced with crackers or toast
- Do not add salt, smoked salmon is enough salty