Dietetic Chocolate Tart
Posted on 3 April 2016
Dietetic Chocolate Tart
This tart is special. It contains no wheat flour and I didn’t add any sugar. It has 381 kcal per serving (I calculated for a 120 g portion), while a classic chocolate tart has about 530 kcal per portion.
We need calories. Our body can not survive without them and absolutely any kind of food has calories, even food which is not sweet at taste. All that matters for us is to be sure that we use those calories by basal metabolism and exercise, if we want to maintain our health.
Yet more than calories, it is important that the ingredients used for preparing this tart have a very low glycemic index. The amount of sugar in this tart is 125.5 g (11.05 g / serving), of which 87.5 g come from refined sugars in the chocolate, and the rest are natural sugars from the almond flour (4 grams), coconut flour (7 g), coconut milk (12 g) and raspberries (15 g).
Therefore, my tart has calories and carbohydrates. Why am I still calling it „Dietetic Tart”? Because it contains less than 7.3% sugar (which is called “white poison”) and because those calories come mainly from natural healthy fats (cocoa, almonds, coconut). Naturally, we can not afford to abuse, but a portion is welcome when we’re craving dessert 🙂
Ingredients Dietetic Chocolate Tart
For the crust:
- 100 g almond flour
- 100 g coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of stevia sweetener
For the filling:
- 350 g dark chocolate (72% cocoa)
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 5 teaspoons of stevia sweetener
Directions Dietetic Chocolate Tart
- Preparing the crust: Preheat the oven at 175 Celsius. Put the almond flour and coconut flour into a bowl and whisk them to mix together. Beat the eggs, add the sweetener, coconut oil. Finally add the dry ingredients and homogenize. Take a tart mold with a removable bottom, put the dough into the tart tin, press the on the bottom and the sides of the tin, so that the base and sides are evenly lined and smooth. Bake the tart shell in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown). Then remove the tart pan from the oven and leave to cool completely before taking the crust out from the pan.
- Preparing the filling: Mix coconut milk with stevia and bring to a boil. Chop the chocolate and put it into a bowl. Pour the warm milk over the chopped chocolate, let sit for one or two minutes, then grab a whisk and homogenize the mixture, until all chocolate is melted and you get a silky and creamy texture. Pour the ganache into the crust and place the tart into the refrigerator until it sets. Before serving, decorate with fresh raspberries and slice.
- If you don’t agree coconut flour, you can use only almond flour for the crust
- For a vegan version, replace the eggs with 50 g vegan butter
- You can use any sweetener tou like, and the amount is on your taste. Keep in mind that this chocolate (with so much cocoa) is very bitter.